Wednesday, November 5, 2008

jesus > the world

I am so thankful that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He is unchanging when all else is in constant turmoil and turnover.  He is faithful, He keeps all promises He makes, His character is trustworthy and true.  

I know a lot of people are really anxious right now with the elections just having wrapped up, and it certainly does look like there is a lot of change on the horizon.  But in all of this, I have sensed the Lord speaking to my heart and giving me hope.  He has called to mind the tough circumstances I've faced in my life and reminded me of what sweet times of growth and sanctification those were.  Sometimes, the Lord has to show us how to let go of what we have been putting our hopes in and what we've come to be dependent on in order for us to have arms wide enough to receive the blessings He has in store. In Phillipians, Paul writes that we are to rejoice in the Lord always.  That word always is such a huge challenge, but it carries such a striking truth.  We can rejoice in Him always because though our circumstances may be dire, we have full confidence in our relationship with Jesus. 

So I am hopeful, for myself and for His church, that in this uncertain time, we would grow in our faith in His certainty.  I am excited to see the sanctifying work Jesus has planned for those who will yield to Him.  I feel certain that the Lord is at work, even in this messy world of ours. 

1 comment:

Greg Helton Photography said...

Hey Kristen, I ended up stumbling onto your blog and just read this entry. I really love how you express your faith in God's unwaivering nature and I just think that it was an amazing encouragement!