Monday, April 20, 2009

As I type this blog I am sitting on my bed (praise Jesus!) in Tigard, OR!  That's right, I've made here safely and have set up my little room.  I must say, it's good to have a room and a bed again =)  My mom and I left early Thursday morning and made the 1,000 and some odd miles trip to Oregon over two days.  Although the drive was long, it offered some gorgeous sites and good times with my mom.  The last couple of days have been spent setting up my room, running errands, exploring Portland, hiking, walking, eating, shopping, going to church, meeting new people....it's been busy to say the least.  The weather this weekend was absolutely gorgeous; clear blue skies and temperatures in the high 70's to low 80's!  
This morning after dropping my mom off at the airport, I came home and had some time to sit and collect my thoughts and spend time with the Lord and... I am really glad to be here.  I spent some time reading some journal entries from about January onward and it was such a blessing to just see how the Lord slowly, steadily built faith and trust into my heart, how He guided and directed my desires and now how He has led me here.  It was so good to lock myself in my room for a bit and to just let my heart reflect on God's Sovereignty and goodness in my life before running off to apply for jobs, get groceries and get caught up in the minutia of my new life here in Oregon.  

I'll end this post with some encouraging verses I read this morning.  


Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?       Matt 6:26

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.  But even the hairs of your head are numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are more value than many sparrows.        Matt 10:29-31


No comments: